Development and roll out of the JETS e-portfolio: a web based electronic portfolio for endoscopists
- 1Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
- 2Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Gloucester, UK
- 3New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, UK
- Correspondence to Dr P Dunckley, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Great Western Road, Gloucester GL1 3NN, UK;
- Accepted 17 October 2010
- Published Online First 20 November 2010
The JAG Endoscopy Training System (JETS) e-portfolio was designed to provide an electronic log of endoscopic experience, improve the effectiveness of training, streamline the JAG certification process and support the quality assurance of trainers, units and regional training programmes. It was piloted in 2008 with an 82.6% uptake in trainees offered the system. The system was released in the UK in September 2009. Steady adoption across the UK demonstrates the service finds it a valuable tool. In time it will be the only vehicle through which a trainee can achieve certification through JAG to practise independently.
Details on how to set up the JETS e-portfolio are available on the JAG and JETS websites. The development team can be contacted by emailing.
Competing interests None.
Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed.